Life Coaching, Personal Coaching, Career Coaching
Coaching is about many things. However, principally it is about change. It is about developing emotional intelligence and conscious awareness. In business, coaching is a leadership behavior that lies at the opposite end of the spectrum to command and control, and in effect addresses the whole person, not just ‘the role’ and business issues.
The process is diverse and expansive. It can cover a breadth of issues, such as dealing with the immediate obstacles that are preventing growth, personal communication and impact as well as building the vision and plan against a life’s dream and goal.
“In summary, coaching is about the marriage between a persons’ potential and performance. The context is to allow people to feel and be empowered rather than teach them.” ~Christian Simpson, John Maxwell Team
“Coaching is an emerging profession that has the power to help people transform their personal and professional lives. A coach provides skilled teaching and training to help individuals achieve specific goals, such as maximizing their career, improving relationships, overcoming fear, and achieving personal dreams. Positive psychology is the scientific study of what happens when things go right in life.” ~Valorie Burton, CaPP Institute
Life & Personal Coaching: What are the Benefits
Coaching is a powerful conversation and support system intended to help you walk your unique path to success. As the client, you are responsible for the results you receive as a result of coaching. Coaching:
- Focuses on where you are presently and where you are headed, with a goal of helping you gain clarity about your vision, eliminate obstacles to your success, accelerate the pace of personal growth and achieve results that empower you to live your best life – professionally and personally.
- Helps you uncover answers, find the right questions, make important decisions, clarify your purpose and vision, strategize and plan, and make the shifts you need to succeed at higher levels than ever before.
- Is forward-focused and can assist you on any area of your life: Relationships, Finances, Spiritual Life, Work and Business, or Physical Health and Environments.
- Helps you discover how to become more of who you need to be to achieve the results you want and identify what you may need to do differently.
- The primary benefits of coaching are being able to get clarity and make purposeful, strategic decisions, break through obstacles, and experience your potential more easily than you would without coaching. Coaching will help you:
- Become better than even you think you can be
- Find your unique niche
- Get Over Old Patterns that have held you back
- Do What you Wish You Would Do
- Unlock your potential
- Retool limiting thinking patterns
- Crystallize dreams and goals
- Balance priorities
- Make a major transition
- Solve problems
- Identify and take advantage of opportunities
- Reach previously-unattained goals
- Design a plan of action
- Make decisions
- Negotiate more effectively
- Communicate clearly and confidently, even in difficult situations
Career Coaching: what can you expect to achieve
Whether you’re looking to make a career transition, or develop your trajectory within your current company or field, career coaching works with you to maximize your talents and have your professional life be most satisfying. For your work to be satisfying, it must be compatible with your values. A career coach helps you to: clarify your mission and career direction; decide a career path that is fulfilling and in balance with your full range of values; grow, develop and thrive in your career and vastly expand your skills, abilities and satisfaction.
Areas of Impact through Career Coaching:
- Build a personal development plan and track your progress
- Learn how to avoid negative patterns and thought processes that are limiting you
- Help you remove obstacles
- Strengthen conflict resolution skills
- Work effectively and productively with co-workers, including superiors
- Strengthen your recognition within your company and industry
- Develop leadership skills to grow you, your team and your company